Rysome Garth is a bed and breakfast establishment located in Holmpton. It is worth a visit to South Holderness, if only to experience the comfort and tranquility of the historical Grade II moated manor house of Rysome. The site has been occupied since at least 1066. Our family home at Rysome is easily located, yet enjoys a peaceful rural position, away from the frenetic daily rush of modern life.
There are many good hostelries in the area providing a wide range of menu. Our nearest is just a mile away in the village of Holmpton. Perhaps you might like to take a walk along the clay bank tops, if the tide is out you could make your way down to the beautiful quiet beach. If you are feeling energetic you could walk down to Easington and on to Spurn Point, calling in at some of the hostelries along the way. Coming back along the edge of the Humber bank and into Skeffling or Weeton. Alternatively you could walk north to Withernsea and catch a bus back into Holmpton.
Visit historical Beverley with its markets and Minster, the coastal resorts of Bridlington and Hornsea with its Freeport shopping centre and Mere. To name but a few of the attractions. There are leisure activities for all ages and interests. We are less than 1/2 mile from the underground bunker attraction at RAF Holmpton.
Our aim is for you to enjoy your stay with us.
Please note internet acces may be intermittent throughout your stay. Also, if you send an email but do not receive a reply don't hesitate to give us a call.
For further details see
see location on Google maps. Map reference: TA 361220 Lat: 53.67694 Long: 0.05907
Enter Hull on the A63 then take the A1033 to Withernsea. Follow this road until Patrington. On entering Patrington take the turning right to Easington and Spurn Point B12245. Follow the road through Welwick and upon entering Weeton take the 1st turn left up a single track road for a mile, we are a 3-storied property on the right.
By Public Transport:
The bus station is at the side of the railway station. Catch either no 76 or no 77, these run at quarter to and quarter past the hour. By prior arrangement alight in either Withernsea or Patrington. Other buses are available which drop off nearer to us but not as frequently. Check with Bus Call (01482) 222222.
- Building of historical interest
- Working farm
- Private parking
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Central heating
- Ironing facilities
- Lounge for residents' use
- Totally non-smoking
- Television available
- Electric shaver points
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Wet room
- Bath with support handrails available
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training
We are always pleased to try and fulfill your requirements and discuss these with you.