Refine your search
Add to shortlist button.
A former railway gatekeeper's cottage, this single storey accommodation enjoys rural views of the Yorkshire Wolds. It has recently been extended and fully updated to give a comfortable and relaxing stay in this lovely area.
Children welcome from any age.
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Vegetarian diet available
- DVD player
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
The following is an outline. Please contact us to discuss any individual requirements you may have and we will do out utmost to help. Fimber Gate is a single storey cottage situated rurally within the Yorkshire Wolds offering guests two double bedrooms with fully tiles en-suite facilities and one twin room with an adjoining large shower room for sole use. The guest accommodation has been completely updated and refurbished in 2010 and is set in a large garden. Bookings can be made via telephone: 01377 236042 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The closest village, Wetwang is approximately 2 miles away and offers two public houses and restaurants with a takeaway fish and chip shop. Driffield is a 6 mile journey and Malton 10 miles. The Yorkshire Wolds Way is approximately 3 miles from Fimber Gate. No public transport is available. There is on site car parking on gravel drive giving easy access to the entrance. The parking area is lit and assistance is offered with baggage if required. At the main entrance there is one step on to the level reception area and hall which has seating. The hall flooring is black and red victorian tiles with cream walls. All door, architrave and skirting boards are of pine. Lighting is natural and overhead. All bedrooms lead off from this hall. The kitchen/breakfast room is located off the reception and hall area and has both natural light and spotlights. The flooring is stone flags. Breakfast is served at the 6 seater dining table. All bedrooms have natural light, overhead lights and bedside lamps are carpeted. The kettles are cordless and light up when in use. Flat screen TVs are wall fixed and have remote controls. The double bedrooms have fully tiled en-suite shower rooms with the twin room having sole access to a large shower room with a walk in shower located immediately next to the bedroom. Please note that there are no baths. The rear garden is mainly lawned and there is a level concrete path leading from the front driveway to the patio area with seating and a barbeque. Three broad steps lead on to a decked area with a table and chairs. Smoking is permitted in the garden with ash trays provided. The owners are available at all times. Please note that the mobile phone signal is very poor.
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours